Jet Propulsion Library v1.4 is part of Modelon’s 2019.2 release.
New versions of Modelon libraries are sold and distributed directly from Modelon, as well as approved resellers.
- Added a new simulation example for a GearedTurbofan that can be used to perform onDesign and offDesign simulation experiments.
- Added a new VariableGeometry compressor component which supports stator (vane) angle.
- Added a new feature to export and import the design point outputs from an experiment during design and off-design simulations. This feature can be utilized from Ambient component by setting the parameters saveDesignData = true and readDesignData = true. Added a new tutorial example Exporting design data to illustrate this export and import design point outputs feature.
- Added a new Natural Gas medium for power generation applications.
- Added a new Generator and SimpleGenerator component in Basic.Mehanical package for power production application.
- Added a new simulation example for gas turbine power generation application that can be used to perform constant and varying power demand experiments. The newly added natural gas medium is being used in this example.
- It was previously observed that model fails to compile showing missing initial equation error if the user mistakenly sets parameter values for effPolyDes when effPolyPrscr is false and vice versa. To prevent this, two new parameters effPolyDesPrscr and effDesPrscr are introduced in compressor and turbine model. Now, the user only needs to set these new parameters and equation system will be automatically adjusted in the background to avoid missing initial equation. In this way, even if effPolyDesPrscr is set when effPolyPrscr is false or vice versa model won’t error out.
Conversion of user libraries
- Automatic conversion of user libraries from version 1.3 to 1.4 is supported using the included conversion script “Convert_to_1.4.mos” located under JetPropulsion 1.4\Resources\Scripts.
- JetPropulsion 1.4 is based on Modelon Base Library 3.4 and Modelica Standard Library 3.2.2 and 3.2.3.