Thermal Power Library v1.19 is part of Modelon’s 2019.2 release.
New versions of Modelon libraries are sold and distributed directly from Modelon, as well as approved resellers.
- The three pressure level boiler example has been extended by:
- Closing the steam cycle and adding a reboiler model
- Adding a gas turbine model
- Adding a dynamic temperature-heat flow visualizer showing the variation of temperature against energy.
- Scheduled load changes added to demonstrate the dynamic behaviour of the process.
- Adding a summary on the top-level which contains the key performance indicators of the system
- Microgrid system example has been added to the library. The microgrid consists of environment, wind turbine, photovoltaics, diesel generator, battery and hydropower models.
- It also consists of a simple economy model calculating investment cost, operation & maintenance cost, fuel cost and electric grid cost. A controller is used to meet the electric load demand in the best way possible.
- A demonstration scenario on how primary frequency control can be provided by activating different energy storages has been added, see SuperCriticalRankine400MWe
- Stress calculation for thick-walled cylindrical components has been added for a plain cylinder as well as for critical stress at connection pipes according to EN 12952, see ThickWalledHeader including an example on stress calculation ThermalPower.TwoPhase.Volumes.Examples.WallStressCalculation.
- The SimpleMill has been improved in its dynamic behavior. It now contains first order plus dead time behaviour providing more realistic response to input changes.
- Improved Modelica compliance.
Conversion of user libraries
No conversion of user libraries from version 1.18 is needed.