The Modelica Hydro Power Library provides a framework for modeling and simulating hydro power plant operations, enabling users to study multiple plant designs and their dynamic behaviors in the early concept design phase.
The library offers a complete testing and tuning environment to attain optimal performance that will translate into real-world operations. It is also ideal for simulating transient operations, such as start-up and load rejection, to verify that the control system handles those scenarios properly.
- Drag-and-drop interface enables plant models to be set up quickly and intuitively
- Based on the Modelica open standard, providing easy integration of hydraulic and electrical models
- Allows commissioning tests and procedures to be set up in a virtual environment, reducing the risk of unexpected events and minimizing costly or risky tests on the actual plant
- Delivers greater efficiency and flexibility through the ability to simulate both dynamic and steady-state behavior using a single model.
The Modelica Hydro Power Library is a valuable tool for a number of hydro power plant design applications, including analysis of waterway dynamics and multiple turbines connected to a common penstock.
Other applications include:
- Planning commissioning – Tests and procedures can be simulated to reduce the risk of unexpected events and to minimize costly tests done on the actual plan.
- Control system verification – Hydro Power Library offers a complete environment for testing and tuning of plant controllers. It can be used to verify the control system under extreme working conditions of the plant, such as load rejection.
ResourcesOct 15, 2019 | 2019.2 Release Notes – Hydro Power Library 2.10 May 1, 2019 | 2019.1 Release Notes – Hydro Power Library 2.9 Apr 30, 2019 | Hydro Power Library Apr 12, 2019 | Hydro Power Library – Overview Mar 8, 2019 | Model-Based Controls Development and Implementation for a Hydroelectric Power System View All Resources
Related News & Blog
Hydroelectric Power and the Environment: How to create a sustainable hydroelectric plant in the 21st century using simulationOctober 9, 2019
Learn how a U.S. based utility company worked with Modelon to successfully design, test, and implement a control system that minimized the environmental impact of their hydroelectric powerplant.Read More
Modelon Announces Release of 2019.1May 1, 2019
Modelon is pleased to announce the release of 2019.1 for products within the Modelon Library Suite and Modelon Creator Suite. Detailed release notes are available below and on the product pages. Modelon products are sold and distributed directly from Modelon, as well as approved resellers.Read More
Modelon Announces Release of 2018.2October 17, 2018
Modelon is pleased to announce the release of 2018.2 for products within the Modelon Library Suite, Modelon Creator Suite, and Modelon Deployment Suite. Detailed release notes are available and can be found on the individual product pages as well as clicking the links below.Read More