Modelon’s Hydraulics Library is valuable for all industries that develop hydraulic components and applications, including automotive, aerospace and industrial equipment.
The Hydraulics Library provides models of pumps, motors and cylinders, restrictions and valves, hydraulic lines, lumped volumes and sensors. No special components for splits or mergers are required — users connect hydraulic components by simply drawing connection lines, making it easy to model non-standard configurations and component designs.
- Conditional thermal effects to catch temperature dynamics and heat transfer
- Over 70 ready-to-use front end components. The library covers everything from standard valves, restrictions, lines, accumulators, pumps, sensors and more
- Components have standard ISO hydraulic schematic icons to easily recognize the environment for application engineers
- Geometry based valve design using Elements. Includes building blocks like different poppet geometries (conical, ball, etc.), spool valves with flow forces and pistons
- Visualize system behavior with neat animation feature of hydraulic components (e.g. valves, cylinders, volumes), by varying icon position and color brightness for pressure
- Real time capable hose, line and pipe models to catch delays, pressure spikes and water hammer effects. They use different approaches like frequency dependent friction, delay based or distributed lumped
- Use a large range of predefined standard hydraulic fluids or simply define your own
- Detailed models for variable density, bulk modulus and viscosity
- Gas fraction mixture equations in the hydraulic fluid
- Employ resistance models covering both laminar-, transition- and turbulent region as well as cavitational effect
- Interact with models from other domains like controls, pneumatics, vehicle dynamics, liquid cooling and mechanical
- Simulate, modify or extend any of the 18 complete system examples for different application area
Export & Co-simulation
- Export sub-systems using FMI to use within different tools without the need of Hydraulics license
- Co-simulate several subsystems using various fluids.
- Ability to combine system and component design in a single tool
- Easy integration into any application domain
- Well suited for control design
- Can be used for real-time applications
- Handles incompressible and compressible oils and cavitation
- Open and customizable for specific user applications
Hydraulics don’t exist in a vacuum. They are a part of industrial systems that require cross-domain expertise, combining mechanical, electrical, thermodynamic, hydraulic, pneumatic and other components.
Modelon provides tools and expertise for most types of mechatronic systems that incorporate hydraulics, including:
- Industrial manufacturing machinery
- Heavy mobile machinery and equipment
- Installed equipment
- Mechanical power equipment and products
- Fabricated metal products.
Typical component-level applications include:
Whole system applications include:
Vehicle shock absorbers
The Hydraulics Library fits a large range of hydraulic applications, including vehicle shock absorbers. Shock absorbers built with the Hydraulics Library are compatible with suspensions in the Vehicle Dynamics Library, enabling full-vehicle dynamic analysis. This makes it possible to analyze dynamic behavior such as damping force with respect to damper acceleration. The Hydraulics Library also accommodates variable temperature effects, enabling users to analyze the impact of temperature on performance.
Power steering adds extra hydraulic energy to a vehicle’s steering mechanism. The Hydraulics Library contains all the required components for this type of application, such as power steering valves and pump. It is fully compatible with 3D-mechanics and the Vehicle Dynamics Library, allowing users to model the entire steering mechanism.
Feature News & Blog
Free Webinar: Integrating Carbon Capture and Storage Technology Using SimulationJanuary 30, 2019
Modelon teamed up with researchers from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) to prove how Modelon’s Thermal Power Library can be used to design a more flexible and decarbonized power plant. In this webinar, our presenters will walk us through their study of building a scalable plant model, using data from a large-scale pilot plant to validate their model, designing control structures, and effectively integrating Carbon Capture & Storage (CCS) technology to lower power plant emissions.Read More
Modelon’s Hydraulics and Pneumatics Capabilities Available in ANSYS® Twin Builder™January 11, 2019
Modelon’s industry-leading hydraulic and pneumatic capabilities are now available as The Twin Builder Fluid Power Library in ANSYS® Twin Builder™.Read More
Using Modelon’s Hydraulics Library to Model Aircraft Hydraulic Circuit ArchitecturesNovember 5, 2018
Modelon’s Hydraulics Library is a comprehensive and versatile library that allows engineers to easily model both EHA and SHA by maintaining reusable and scalable components. Additionally, Modelon’s Hydraulics Library returns reliable simulation results so designers can gain maximum understanding about their system’s performance. In this blog, we’ll show just how easy it is to model both SHA and EHA architectures using the Modelon Hydraulics Library.Read More
Modelon Announces Release of 2018.2October 17, 2018
Modelon is pleased to announce the release of 2018.2 for products within the Modelon Library Suite, Modelon Creator Suite, and Modelon Deployment Suite. Detailed release notes are available and can be found on the individual product pages as well as clicking the links below.Read More