Replacing fossil fuels with hydrogen fuel can be a significant step in integrating renewable energy to reduce CO2 emissions and mitigate climate change. But, for energy companies to integrate hydrogen fuel technologies they need a component manufacturer to deliver a customized hydrogen-capable burner or gas turbine that is optimized for the system at hand. In our upcoming webinar, we will introduce Modelon Impact as the system simulation platform for preparing power plants for hydrogen integration.
Our live presentation will cover:
- How Modelon Impact was built to accommodate the energy and process sector, including an overview of the integrated Modelon Thermal Power Library, steady-state simulation, and deployment capabilities via web apps.
Our demonstration will cover the replacement of an existing natural gas-fired gas turbine with a sustainable hydrogen gas-fired turbine, including the review of:
- Conventional Application- generator cooling with hydrogen gas
- Burning Hydrogen- effects on exhaust gas composition, increased humidity, and no carbon dioxide
- Heat Capacity- added water in flue gas per unit of mass is more than twice as high as the replaced carbon dioxide
- Matching Firing Power and Turbine Inlet Temperature- resulting in less combustion air and therefore lower exhaust flow rate