Modelon offers systems modeling and simulation software that accelerates product innovation, development, and operations in a range of industries. Modelon’s flagship product, Modelon Impact, is a cloud-native system simulation software platform featuring a collaborative browser-based interface and thousands of proven models and components spanning a broad range of applications. Headquartered in Lund, Sweden, and with global reach, Modelon is an expert industry leader in model-based systems engineering with a focus on leveraging open standard technologies.
Short description about the job position
This position is based at our office in Munich, Germany. Modelon is expanding its services team in Germany to meet the increase in market demand for services using the Modelon Impact platform, and for our aerospace library portfolio. In this position, you will be executing and leading projects with aerospace customers, support business developers with pre- and post-sales support, and support the library development team with industry expertise.
The Senior Simulation Engineer (Aerospace) works with Modelon’s services team to provide high quality model-based systems engineering solutions focusing on aerospace topics. This role includes the application of all Modelon software products to deliver value-added solutions in paid customer projects. At Modelon we act as a global team so you may have the opportunity to work with customers from around the world. The Senior Simulation Engineer reports to the Solution Services Team Leader who is based in Hamburg.
Modeling – you will work with the services team to deliver lumped parameter multi-domain CAE models to Modelon customers leveraging Modelon’s portfolio of Modelica libraries and the Modelon Impact simulation platform. Physical modeling across different domains including thermodynamics, thermo-fluid, mechanical and electrical is expected with support from Modelon subject matter experts. Using commercial libraries in conjunction with custom modeling work, you will have an opportunity to model complex physical systems focusing on aerospace applications but possibly also including topics such as automotive or energy. Where applicable, you will work with the Product Development team to integrate custom modeling solutions into Modelon’s commercial product portfolio.
Simulation and Analysis – You will perform model-based systems engineering in a variety of Modelica tools. Simulation and analysis work include correlating and verifying models with test data, performing design studies, connecting physical models with controls, optimizing systems, and documenting results.
Customer Engagement – You will work together with the Services team to deliver high-value modeling solutions. You will gain knowledge of Modelon’s complete product portfolio and apply relevant technology to solve complex customer problems. In this role you will have an opportunity to engage directly with customers as part of the services team to ensure successful delivery of services engagements.
Responsibilities and Measurables
- Delivering model-based systems engineering solutions in customer services engagements
- Having a strong understanding of Modelon products and related technology
- Inspire the library development team with aerospace industry expertise and transform your ideas into innovative products
- Working as part of an integrated Modelon global team to provide customer-focused modeling solutions
Success in this role will primarily be measured by project delivery metrics. Project execution and customer satisfaction metrics will be key performance metrics that indicate successful services engagements.
Skills and experience
- MSc, PhD or equivalent in Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering, Engineering Physics with focus on Aerospace applications.
- Aerospace industry experience
- 3-7 y working experience with object-oriented modelling and simulation (e.g. Modelica, Dymola, Matlab/Simulink)
- Fluent in English, written and spoken, German and additional languages preferred
As a person, you are:
- Customer-focused – you want to wow our customers; you understand that customer satisfaction is critically important to a company’s success.
- Disciplined – you set and communicate clear priorities and goals; you rely on your expertise and Modelon’s global team of experts to tackle difficult problems.
- Respectful –you approach issues with an open mind and a desire for both parties to succeed.
- Trusted – you deliver on commitments or renegotiate early as a member of a services team.
Modelon is a global company, with customers in several industries, pushing the boundaries for the digital transformation, with system modeling and simulation. If you feel excited about joining a global team to provide best in class services based on our web-based platform and unique library portfolio, you should apply!
Application & Contact details
We are handling applications as they come in, so apply as soon as possible. For more information or questions about this position, please contact Services Engineering Manager Moritz Hübel: firstname.lastname@example.org.