Modelon offers systems modeling and simulation software that accelerates product innovation, development, and operations in a range of industries. Modelon’s flagship product, Modelon Impact, is a cloud-native system simulation software platform featuring a collaborative browser-based interface and thousands of proven models and components spanning a broad range of applications. Headquartered in Lund, Sweden, and with a global reach, Modelon is an expert industry leader in model-based systems engineering with a focus on leveraging open standard technologies.
Short description about the job position
This position can be based in any of our two US offices, Ann Arbor, MI, or Hartford, CT. Modelon is expanding its HVAC and Refrigeration industry team to meet the increase in market demand for services using the Modelon Impact platform for innovative HVAC and applications. You will be working with our acting Industry Director Industrial Equipment, Hubertus Tummescheit, to help define and promote our HVAC and Refrigeration Solutions portfolio and deliver innovative industry solutions to our customers.
The Industry Expert supports Modelon’s industry director for their sector. The Industry Expert is an experienced specialist in industry-specific model-based design processes and solutions. You are deeply familiar with the sector, using your knowledge and network to:
- support sales of relevant solution services by defining project proposals,
- understand Modelon’s product and solution portfolio to guide customers in their decision process,
- support and lead execution of high impact solution services projects, and
- contribute to the creation of the industrial equipment sector product roadmap.
You will have regular interaction/familiarity with global key customers, Modelon partners, and Modelon competitors.
Sales & marketing: The Industry Expert supports commercial success in their sector through solution services sales and marketing activities. You will actively support the business development team with pre-sales and sales via direct client engagements, joining the Industry Director to demonstrate our expertise and capabilities. You will have to support the creation of content for marketing material (digital and print), and deliver webinars, seminars, and presentations at industry events.
Services operation: The Industry Expert ensures the success of the delivery of services by monitoring or leading services projects. You will be the technical author of project proposals to our industry customers. You will manage the business relationship with selected customers. During project execution, you will engage with the customer through technical expertise to create follow-up sales of products and services.
Industry Vision: The Industry Expert supports the industry director in the definition of the industry vision and collaborates with Modelon stakeholders to build an industry vision that results in commercial success. This vision will include library products, tool products, service components as well as relevant solution workflows for specific applications.
Product Development: The Industry Expert works closely with the relevant product team to map the industry vision to product roadmaps with clearly defined commercial value. You will support and/or directly engage in product development activities as needed.
Responsibilities and Measurables
You will be responsible for:
- Define and deliver high-quality services projects
- Actively support sales activities as needed
- Working with product development teams to define content and commercial value of the industry-specific product roadmap
- Create and maintain high impact industry-focused sales presentations
- Together with Modelon marketing, create content for and update the industry sector website
- Stay up-to-date on market research that defines target customers, competitive positioning, and industry trends relevant to Modelon products
Skills and experience
- MSc, Ph.D. or equivalent in Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering, Engineering Physics with focus on HVAC, Refrigeration and Buildings applications.
- HVAC, Refrigeration and Buildings industry experience
- 3-7 years working experience with system modeling and simulation (e.g. Modelica, Dymola, Matlab/Simulink) in the HVAC, Refrigeration and Buildings Industry
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Experience with customer interaction
- Knowledge of Python is meritorious
As a person, you are:
- Curious – you ask great questions; you enjoy figuring out how things work and what motivates people.
- Customer-focused – you want to wow our customers; you understand that customer satisfaction is critically important to Modelon’s success.
- Knowledgeable – you have broad experience in your sector, and have shown success applying, marketing, and selling relevant products and services in your sector.
- Respectful –you approach issues with an open mind and a desire for all parties to succeed
- Trusted – you deliver on commitments or renegotiate early
Modelon is a global company, with customers in several industries, pushing the boundaries for digital transformation, with system modeling and simulation. If you feel excited about joining a global team to provide best-in-class services based on our web-based platform and unique library portfolio, you should apply!
Application & Contact details
We are managing applications as they come in, so apply as soon as possible. For more information or questions about this position, please contact Industry Director John Batteh email@example.com, or CSO Hubertus Tummescheit Hubertus.firstname.lastname@example.org.