Modelon offers systems modeling and simulation software that accelerates product innovation, development, and operations in a range of industries. Modelon’s flagship product, Modelon Impact, is a cloud-native system simulation software platform featuring a collaborative browser-based interface and thousands of proven models and components spanning a broad range of applications. Headquartered in Lund, Sweden, and with a global reach, Modelon is an expert industry leader in model-based systems engineering with a focus on leveraging open standard technologies.
About the position:
This position is market-facing, responsible for discovering and winning commercial opportunities within a defined set of accounts, industry sector(s), and territory, representing the complete portfolio of Modelon products and services. The role may also include line management of commercial staff. This role is based at our Tokyo, Japan office and reports to Modelon’s Managing Director, East Asia.
The Business Development Director builds high trust relationships with clients and colleagues, actively uncovering, and winning, sales opportunities that match Modelon solutions. You may also hold line management responsibilities for other Business Development staff.
You will be assigned accounts within a defined industry sector(s) and territory, you will also respond to inbound leads. You will aggressively qualify and advance opportunities by working in partnership with Modelon’s Marketing, Sales, Services, and Application Engineering teams. You will independently qualify leads, drawing support from Modelon domain experts at the right time. For services opportunities, you will work with Modelon’s Services team to ensure program success from start to finish.
When with customers you are the voice of Modelon; when with colleagues you are the voice of the customer.
Responsibilities and measurables:
- Managing sales opportunities for Modelon products and services from lead to closure.
- Building a strong understanding of Modelon solutions, benefits, and differentiators.
- Supporting marketing events and marketing content creation.
- Nurturing customer relationships via regular communication and onsite visits.
- Generating leads by self-directed research, networking, and customer dialogue.
- Entering and accurately maintaining pipeline data.
- Ownership of new Services opportunities from Tollgates 0 (lead qualification) through Tollgate 1 (proposal delivery).
- Ownership and delivery of differentiated proposals that meet the client’s requirements and deliver substantial value to Modelon.
- Ensuring proper license agreement/contracts are in place (contract negotiation, approval, and document tracking will be handled in partnership with sales admin)
- Negotiating and closing deals.
- Identifying and chasing follow-on opportunities.
- Possibly for line management of assigned Business Development staff.
Skills and experience:
- 7+ years selling 1D & system CAE software in one or more of the following industries in Japan: Automotive, Energy, Aerospace and Industrial Equipment
- Knowledge and application of strategic selling principles
- Proficiency with CRM tools
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Native Japanese language; English writing & verbal proficiency
As a person, you are:
- Curious – you ask great questions; you enjoy figuring out how things work and what motivates people.
- Disciplined – you practice strategic selling concepts and rely on process.
- Influential – you focus on the goal and make persuasive arguments.
- Respectful –you approach issues with an open mind and a desire for both parties to succeed.
- Trusted – you deliver on commitments or renegotiate early.
Application and contact details:
We are handling applications as they come in, so apply as soon as possible. For more information or questions about this position, please contact general manager Rui Gao: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit your application: