Modelon offers systems modeling and simulation software that accelerates product innovation, development, and operations in a range of industries. Modelon’s flagship product, Modelon Impact, is a cloud-native system simulation software platform featuring a collaborative browser-based interface and thousands of proven models and components spanning a broad range of applications. Headquartered in Lund, Sweden, and with global reach, Modelon is an expert industry leader in model-based systems engineering with a focus on leveraging open standard technologies.
This position is based at our office in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA. Modelon is expanding its commercial team in the US to meet the increase in market demand of the Modelon Impact platform. This position manages delivery of pre- and post-sales customer technical support for Modelon software products.
As an application engineer, you will work directly with the Commercial Team. This role covers all Modelon software products and product training. The position acts globally across markets and industry sectors.
The key tasks are:
- Pre-sales commercial engagements where the prospective client wishes to evaluate Modelon’s technical solutions.
- Post-sales technical support.
- Back-office work to handle product releases and licensing infrastructure, software demonstrators and learning material.
- Training customers to ensure successful use of our platform.
Responsibilities and Measurables
You will mainly be responsible for:
- Following through on inbound customer technical support requests.
- Strongly comprehending Modelon products and related technology, along with Modelon Licensing mechanism.
Success in this role will primarily be measured by customer satisfaction metrics. Pipeline conversion rate and sales volume will also be important performance metrics that indicate successful pre-sales application engineer activities.
Skills and experience
- MSc in Mechanical, Electric, Engineering Physics with focus on Energy, Automotive or Aerospace applications.
- 0-5y working experience with 1D mathematical modeling and simulation.
- Knowledge of Python, Modelica, Matlab/Simulink is meritorious.
- Customer focused – you want to wow our customers; you understand that customer satisfaction is critically important to Modelon’s success.
- Disciplined – you set and communicate clear priorities and objectives; you rely on process to tackle difficult problems.
- Respectful – you approach issues with an open mind and a desire for both parties to succeed.
- Trusted – you deliver on commitments or renegotiate early.
Modelon is a global company, with customers in several industries, pushing the boundaries for the digital transformation, with system modeling and simulation. If you feel excited about joining a global team to provide best in class support for our web-based platform, you should apply!
Application & Contact details
We are handling applications as they come in, so apply as soon as possible. For more information or questions about this position, please contact Application Engineering Manager Mathias Strandberg: email@example.com.
Submit Your Application: