Vehicle Dynamics Library 3.1 is part of Modelon’s 2018.1 release.
Integrated support for Delft Tyre Models
Support for DelftTyre tyre models is now fully integrated into the VDL. The separate DelftTyre package is no longer required to run experiments with DelftTyre tyre models.
A strut with feedthrough of translational connectors has been added in Suspensions.Linkages.Struts. This is meant to be used for attaching the translational spring component to the damper strut or vice versa. An example would be a ‘coilover’ or coil spring over shock where the spring is assembled over the damper body.
Kinematic FiveLink Linkage
A fully kinematic FiveLink linkage has been added.
Tabular 1-Dimensional Rear Suspension
A tabular 1D rear suspension (Suspensions.Rear.Tabular1D) has been added in addition to the existing tabular 2D rear suspension. This suspension only requires kinematics data for wheel travel, not opposite side wheel travel. As a result of this addition, the tabular 2D suspension has been renamed from Tabular to Tabular2D.
The VehicleInterfaces migration package contains templates and examples of using VDL components with interfaces from VehicleInterfaces library.
Available migration components include:
The VehicleDynamics.Examples.VehicleInterfaces package contains experiment examples using the migration components.
- A bug in the Linkages.Independent.Internal.Ackermann steering component caused the ackermann factor to be applied equally to both sides. This is now fixed.
- Chassis.Suspensions.SingleAxles models now have consistent behavior of toe/camber settings.
- The OpenCRG ground now uses OpenCRG 1.1.1
- The Suspensions.Linkages.Mounts.Interfaces.Base1 linkage mount interface has been aligned with the other mount interfaces. This means that the replaceable rigid mounts inside suspension linkage templates can be replaced with switches and attached to other frames without duplicating the template. The conversion script handles most cases, but there could be customized models where it is not. If you run into problems, frame_b has been renamed to frame_b1.
DATA_DIR and DIR
DIR strings will be removed in coming releases. It is recommended to use the Modelica.Utilities.Files.loadResource function instead which handles file paths in a better way.
Truck components with non-vectorized hub connectors
The truck interfaces have been made more general with the recently introduced vectorized hub connectors. Thus, templates and interfaces based on the old structure are obsolete and will be removed in coming releases. These include
- Experiment templates under Examples.Trucks.Templates
Use the new generic Chassis.Interfaces.Truck, Chassis.Interfaces.SemiTrailer and Chassis.Interfaces.FullTrailer interfaces instead and set the appropriate number of front and rear axles. Refer to existing Vehicles.Chassis.Examples.Truck2s_222 for more information.
Conversion of User Libraries
User libraries will automatically be converted from version 3.0. These conversions are made using the included conversion script: VehicleDynamics/Resources/Scripts/Convert_to_3.1.mos.
Vehicle Dynamics Library 3.1 is based on Modelon Base Library 3.1 and Modelica Standard Library 3.2.2.