Release Notes for Vapor Cycle Library 2.0
Vapor Cycle Library 2.0 is part of Modelon’s 2017.2 release.
New versions of Modelon libraries are sold and distributed directly from Modelon, as well as approved resellers.
New models and enhancements
- Air path models for HVAC application, such as fan, duct, simple cabin and by-pass valve were added. A cabin pull-down example demonstrates their usage and how to use a complete vapor compression cycle as a sub-system.
- Heat exchanger model interfaces have been generalized, and are now common for all heat exchanger models in Modelon’s Vapor Cycle, Heat Exchanger and Liquid Cooling libraries. This makes changing components from different libraries in system templates a lot more convenient.
- The number of supported c-compilers is increased for the external medium interfaces. See the corresponding information for REFPROP and CoolProp.
- Bug fix in orifice tube correlation, which indicated that the correlation was in super-critical region when it was not.
- Bug fix in two-phase heat transfer correlation for both, evaporation and condensation. Correlations were used with the wrong heat flow direction.
Vapor Cycle 2.0 is based on the Modelon Base Library 3.0 and Modelica Standard Library 3.2.2. It can be combined with Liquid Cooling Library 2.0 and Heat Exchanger Library 2.0.