Liquid Cooling Library 2.2 is part of Modelon’s 2018.2 release. New versions of Modelon libraries are sold and distributed directly from Modelon, as well as approved resellers.
Version 2.2 contains the changes described below. Highlights include support for speed dependent pump characteristics, a rectangular bend model and additional images helping in setting parameters correctly.
- A new model of a pipe bends with rectangular cross section RectangularBend. The model uses a geometry based friction model RectangularBend. Transport delay and heat transfer are not considered in this component. Quasi-static mass and energy balance is assumed.
- Table-based pump characteristic option allowing the user to choose between kinematic similarity-based characteristics using nominal data or providing data at multiple speeds. For speeds outside the table data, the user can choose to use the affinity law or extrapolation. For pump efficiency, extrapolation or end points can be chosen.
- Improved documentation and parameter dialogs with detailed images of geometry parameters for all geometric flow resistances and geometric pipes which make it easy to configure parameters and quickly get started with the modeling.
- Corrected partial density derivative inconsistency outside the validity region in media based on Modelon.Media.EquationsOfState.Templates.Liquids.PolyBased_T. As a result, simulation results might change for models with affected media models operating in this region.
- Updated friction correlation in Modelon.ThermoFluid.FlowChannels.PipeResistances.SinglePhase.DetailedWallFriction, which showed incorrect results for non-circular pipes.
- Corrected channel length propagation in Modelon.ThermoFluid.FlowChannels.DistributedChannel, so that the Nusselt number is correctly calculated in the heat transfer correlation.
- Propagation of the parameter effectivenessStreamChoice in the HeatExchangers package.
- Corrected the visualization parameter naming in the Stacks package, so that the visualization is working correctly.
Conversion of user libraries
User models can be automatically converted using the provided conversion script.
Liquid Cooling Library 2.2 is based on the Modelon Base Library 3.2 and Modelica Standard Library 3.2.2.