Jet Propulsion Library 1.2 is part of Modelon’s 2018.2 release.
New versions of Modelon libraries are sold and distributed directly from Modelon, as well as approved resellers.
- Integrated ModelonAdditions library to JetPropulsion library.
- A more detailed distinction of simulation modes was introduced with three instead of two simulation modes: Steady state, dynamic and fully dynamic. The slow dynamics such as mechanical shaft inertia are included in both dynamic options while faster gas volume dynamics are only included in “fully dynamic” simulation mode.
- Mechanical inertias have been added in both the compressor and turbine sections to include dynamics in the shafts by default when using a dynamic simulation mode.
- The shaft component now includes gears for geared fans and a simple loss model to consider spool mechanical efficiency.
- It is now possible to prescribe the compressor and turbine polytropic efficiency at design point.
- Turbine blade cooling options are now available, with three different pre-defined correlations.
- Support for the corrected flow unit kg/s in turbine and compressor external xml map files.
- Ambient model allows dTs as external input.
- Modeling of free power turbines is simplified via a dedicated flag freeTurbine in the turbine model.
- Connections in the compressor templates between the flange and compressors has been corrected. The turbine and compressor templates includes a text box in the diagram layer to make it clear which flange index the shafts are connected.
- ModelonAdditions.CompFlow.Ambient -> JetPropulsion.Ambient
- ModelonAdditions.CompFlow.Boundaries -> JetPropulsion.Boundaries
- ModelonAdditions.CompFlow.Inlet -> JetPropulsion.Basic.Inlets
- ModelonAdditions.CompFlow.Compressor -> JetPropulsion.Basic.Compressors
- ModelonAdditions.CompFlow.Fuel -> JetPropulsion.Basic.Fuel
- ModelonAdditions.CompFlow.Turbine -> JetPropulsion.Basic.Turbines
- ModelonAdditions.CompFlow.Nozzle -> JetPropulsion.Basic.Nozzles
- ModelonAdditions.CompFlow.Splitter -> JetPropulsion.Basic.Splitters
- ModelonAdditions.CompFlow.Duct -> JetPropulsion.Basic.Ducts
- ModelonAdditions.CompFlow.Volumes -> JetPropulsion.Basic.Volumes
- ModelonAdditions.CompFlow.Interfaces -> JetPropulsion.Basic.Interfaces
- ModelonAdditions.CompFlow.Templates -> JetPropulsion.Basic.Templates
- ModelonAdditions.CompFlow.Media -> JetPropulsion.Media
- ModelonAdditions.CompFlow.Utilities -> JetPropulsion.Utilities
- ModelonAdditions.CompFlow.CycleProperties -> JetPropulsion.CyclePerformance
- ModelonAdditions.CompFlow.Utilities.Types.translateInitialization -> JetPropulsion.Utilities.Functions.translateInitialization
- ModelonAdditions.CompFlow.Utilities.Types.translateSimulation -> JetPropulsion.Utilities.Functions.translateSimulation
- ModelonAdditions.Icons -> JetPropulsion.Icons
Conversion of user libraries
Automatic conversion of user libraries from version 1.1 to 1.2 is supported using the included conversion script “Convert_to_1.2.mos” located under JetPropulsion 1.2\Resources\Scripts.
JetPropulsion 1.2 is based on Modelon Base Library 3.2 and Modelica Standard Library 3.2.2.