Heat Exchanger Library 2.2 is part of Modelons 2018.2 release. New versions of Modelons libraries are sold and distributed directly from Modelon, as well as approved resellers.
With version 2.2, the Heat Exchanger Library includes more heat exchangers types with internal fins. Another highlight is the option to simulate plate heat exchangers with low resolution, which can improve the simulation performance dramatically with only a small degradation in accuracy.
- LouveredLiquidFinChargeAirCooler is a new liquid-gas counter-flow flat-tube heat exchanger with internal and external finned channels.
- LiquidFinGasFinPlainCounter is a new liquid-gas counter-flow heat exchanger with a plain plate surface and internal & external finned channels.
- Plate heat exchangers with low resolution. Plain plate liquid-gas, liquid-liquid, gas-gas heat exchangers can be run in lower resolution (with lower number of channels) with slightly less accuracy (around 3 %). This option will make the simulation faster. In lower resolution, the channels of each pass are lumped together on both primary and secondary sides. There are two new examples that demonstrate a low resolution mode, see LiquidGasPlainCounterLowResolution and GasGasPlainCoFlowLowResolution. The low resolution option is available on the geometry record.
- Major overhaul of the Geometric fan implementation, including improved behavior at low speed (when the component acts as a friction model), improved energy balance calculation and clarification of the code.
- Improved accuracy of wall mass in flat tube heat exchangers. A new parameter has been introduced, which describes the gap between layers and reduces wall mass of the flattubes.
- Improved the ParameterSummary record which can now be used for both plate heatExchanger with and without fins. This made the class PlateFinGeoSummary obsolete and it was removed and will be converted to class ParameterSummary through conversion script.
- Corrected partial density derivative inconsistency outside the validity region in the media Modelon.Media.EquationsOfState.Templates.Liquids.PolyBased_T.
- Corrected missing propagation of the area in the friction correlation Modelon.ThermoFluid.FlowChannels.PipeResistances.SinglePhase.DetailedWallFriction, which caused incorrect results for non-circular pipes.
- Corrected missing propagation of entire channel length in Modelon.ThermoFluid.FlowChannels.DistributedChannel, which caused the Nusselt number to be incorrectly calculated in the heat transfer correlation.
- Corrected friction factor in HeatExchanger.HeatExchangers.SubComponents.FlowResistance.Plate.Chevron.SinglePhase.ChevronChisholm. The friction factor now includes the geometry term L/D.
- Corrected missing propagation of the header friction model in FlatTube HeatExchangers, so that the top level changes of header friction correlations are effective.
Heat Exchanger Library 2.2 is based on Modelon Base Library 3.2 and Modelica Standard Library 3.2.2.