Environmental Control Library 3.5 is part of Modelon’s 2018.2 release.
New versions of Modelon libraries are sold and distributed directly from Modelon, as well as approved resellers
- New cabin model with recirculation for commercial aircraft. For an illustrative example, see here.
- New package with models of ram air channel components. They cover flush curved inlets, matching plane diffusers, and outlets.
- Added new geometry-based pressure drop/resistance models for six fittings
- Improved documentation about quastiStaticFlow in Ejector.
- Added documentation in the Cabin sub-package.
- The parameter open_start in CheckValve was not being used and is therefore removed.
- A bug in the isentropicEnthalpy function of the MoistAirNoFreezingLegacy medium model has been fixed. This fix affects the turbomachinery components when there is a liquid fraction present in the inlet flow.
- The volume model in all three mediums inside EnvironmentalControl.FluidProperties.Air now calculates the concentrations correctly.
- Examples.Cabin -> EnvironmentalControl.Examples.SimpleCabin
- EnvironmentalControl.Cabin.SubComponents -> EnvironmentalControl.Cabin.Simple.SubComponents
- EnvironmentalControl.Cabin.Records -> EnvironmentalControl.Cabin.Simple.Records
- EnvironmentalControl.Cabin.Cabin -> EnvironmentalControl.Cabin.Simple.Cabin
- EnvironmentalControl.Examples.RamAirCooling -> EnvironmentalControl.Examples.AirCycle.Plain
- EnvironmentalControl.Examples.RamAirCooling_Ctrl -> EnvironmentalControl.Examples.AirCycle.Controlled
Obsolete classes are placed in the package Utilities.Deprecated and will be removed after a year from the release when they were put in the deprecated package.
Note: mapping between deprecated model/package with matching model in the library is denoted using sign “=>”. That is, when migrating to ECL 3.5, using conversion scripts, automatic conversion will be done to all deleted models to point to the deprecated package. User can easily migrate models from deprecated package to updated models in library by referring to the mapping given in each bullet point. Extra details about mapping are given along with each bullet point where ever required.
· EnvironmentalControl.Utilities.Deprecated.Air => EnvironmentalControl.FluidProperties
· EnvironmentalControl.Utilities.Deprecated.EquationsOfState => EnvironmentalControl.FluidProperties
· EnvironmentalControl.Utilities.Deprecated.TransportProperties => EnvironmentalControl.FluidProperties
Conversion of user libraries
Automatic conversion of user libraries from version 3.4 to 3.5 is supported using the included conversion script “Convert_to_3.5.mos” located under EnvironmentalControl 3.5\Resources\Scripts.
Environmental Control Library is based on Modelon Base Library 3.2 and Modelica Standard Library 3.2.2.