Release Notes for Pneumatics Library 2.4
Pneumatics Library 2.4 is part of Modelon’s 2018.1 release.
New versions of Modelon libraries are sold and distributed directly from Modelon, as well as approved resellers
- Implemented a more flexible port-concept in Pneumatics. This is a substantial improvement in time as it generates much more efficient system of equations due to no extra restrictions requirement just to avoid non-linear systems.
- Updated DirectionControl package with multiport inner components. Also, now the volumes have been used only in the top level.
- Updated the lines model with line element vectorized component.
- The volume for the airInlet1 and airInlet2 were set to the same parameter (volume1) in the Pneumatics.RotaryActuators.VaneMotor model. This has been corrected and the instance and parameter names have been made more descriptive.
- The LineElementVectorized is corrected such that large enthalpy flow rate from port2 is prevented.
- Resolved case sensitive errors for image paths. All images are now displayed in case sensitive OS, like Linux.
- Corrected the names of the instantiated components (like Volumes etc.) in models to follow camel-case convention.
Library structure changes
- Pneumatics.Cylinders.Basic.MultiPortIdealBellows -> Pneumatics.Cylinders.Basic.IdealBellows
- Pneumatics.Elements.MultiPortVolume -> Pneumatics.Elements.Volume
- Pneumatics.Volumes.MultiPortChamber-> Pneumatics.Volumes.Chamber
Obsolete classes are placed in the package Utilities.Deprecated and will be removed after a year from the release when they were put in the deprecated package.
Note: mapping between deprecated model/package with actual model in the library is denoted using sign “=>”. That is, when migrating to PL 2.4, using conversion scripts, automatic conversion will be done to all existing models to point to the deprecated package. User can easily migrate models from deprecated package to updated models in library by referring to the mapping given in each bullet point. Extra details about mapping are given along with each bullet point where ever required.
Refer to Migration Guidelines PL 2.4 section for more details about migration.
- Pneumatics.Utilities.Deprecated.Interfaces.ThreePort => Pneumatics.Interfaces.ThreePortFlexible “Updated interface Pneumatics.Interfaces.ThreePortFlexible contains the flexible port implementation”
- Pneumatics.Utilities.Deprecated.Templates.TwoPortWithVolumes => Pneumatics.Templates.TwoPortFlexible “Updated template Pneumatics.Templates.TwoPortFlexible contains the flexible port implementation”
- Pneumatics.Utilities.Deprecated.Templates.ThreePortWithVolumes => Pneumatics.Templates.ThreePortFlexible “Updated template Pneumatics.Templates.ThreePortFlexible contains the flexible port implementation”
- Pneumatics.Utilities.Deprecated.Cylinders.Basic.IdealBellows => Pneumatics.Cylinders.Basic.IdealBellows “Updated model Pneumatics.Cylinders.Basic.IdealBellows contains the vectorized port implementation”
- Pneumatics.Utilities.Deprecated.Sources.Interfaces.OnePortInput => Pneumatics.Sources.Interfaces.OnePortInputVectorized or Pneumatics.Sources.Interfaces.OnePortFlexible “Updated interfaces Pneumatics.Sources.Interfaces.OnePortInputVectorized contains the vectorized port implementation and Pneumatics.Sources.Interfaces.OnePortFlexible contains the flexible port implementation”
- Pneumatics.Utilities.Deprecated.DirectionalControl => Pneumatics.DirectionalControl “Updated models in package Pneumatics.DirectionalControl contains the flexible port implementation. Packages Pneumatics.DirectionalControl.Basic.Interfaces and Pneumatics.DirectionalControl.Basic.Components are not added into deprecated as they still remains same”
- Pneumatics.Utilities.Deprecated.Restrictions => Pneumatics.Restrictions “Updated models in package Pneumatics.Restrictions contains the flexible port implementation.
- Packages Pneumatics.Restrictions.Basic and Pneumatics.Restrictions.Fittings.Basic still are not added into deprecated as they still remains same”
Pneumatics.Elements.Deprecated.MassWithStopAndFriction => Pneumatics.Elements.MassWithStopAndFriction “Pneumatics.Elements.Deprecated package and the MassWithStopAndFriction model in it has been deleted in PL 2.4. Please change the model to the new one(Pneumatics.Elements.MassWithStopAndFriction).”
Conversion of user libraries
Automatic conversion of user libraries from version 2.3 is supported using the included conversion script ConvertPneumatics_from_2.3_to 2.4 located under Pneumatics2.4\Resources\Scripts.
Pneumatics 2.4 is based on Modelon Base Library 3.1 and Modelica Standard Library 3.2.2.