Release Notes for Heat Exchanger Library 2.0
Heat Exchanger Library 2.0 is part of Modelon’s 2017.2 release.
New versions of Modelon libraries are sold and distributed directly from Modelon, as well as approved resellers.
- It is now possible to choose to include headers in flat tube heat exchangers. This option is available on the “Headers” tab of the parameter dialog.
- Plate and flattube heat exchanger interfaces have been generalized. In particular, connectors, Medium packages, initial value parameters and summary variables have been renamed. These are now common for all heat exchanger models in the Heat Exchanger, VaporCycle and Liquid Cooling Libraries, which makes their usage in shared system templates a lot more convenient.
- Header volume parameters are now included in the geometry records, together with all other heat exchanger geometry parameters.
- In HeatExchanger.HeatExchangers.FlatTube.Records.Geometry.Templates.FlatTubesAndFinAirSide, the value for the max attribute for the parameter fins is raised from 120 to 200.
- Improved robustness for steady-state initialization when initializing from specific enthalpy in either of the heat exchanger channels.
- Bug fix: Gas volumes in headers of flat tube heat exchangers were not included in the summary variable V_tot.
- Bug fix: Pressure drop correlations previously gave incorrect results when used on the gas-side of air-gas flattube heat exchangers.
- Bug fix: Corrected a sign error in the GeometricFan component for stacks, which could result in unlimited mass flow in segments that were outside the boundaries of all components in the stack.
Heat Exchanger Library 2.0 is based on Modelon Base Library 3.0 and Modelica Standard Library 3.2.2.