Release Notes for Environmental Control Library 3.4
Environmental Control Library 3.4 is part of Modelon’s 2018.1 release.
New versions of Modelon libraries are sold and distributed directly from Modelon, as well as approved resellers.
- Documentation in MoistAirNoFreezing and DryAir is improved with references and validity range
- Replaceable Medium instantiations with constraining class as EnvironmentalControl.FluidProperties.Templates.FastMoistAir changed to a more base class EnvironmentalControl.FluidProperties.Interfaces.Base
- A bug in the lumped pipe model was corrected. Until this change, the heat transfer model used pipe cross section area instead of heat transfer area for the heat flow rate computation. This bug was introduced in version 3.3.
- A bug in the isentropicEnthalpy function of the moist air medium model has been fixed. This fix affects the turbomachinery components when there is a liquid fraction present in the inlet flow.Fixed full compatibility with older EnvironmentalControl versions (the predecessor AircraftFluidSystems) by adding the media MoistAirNoFreezingLegacy.
- The connector(portA and portA_alt) overlap issue in Pipes.LumpedPipe has been corrected. The connectors were previously placed on top of each other, this caused confusion when the volumes are enabled at the ports as the switching of ports can’t be visualized clearly.
Library structure changes
- EnvironmentalControl.FluidProperties.Air.HardCodedMoistAir -> EnvironmentalControl.Utilities.Deprecated.Air.HardCodedMoistAir
- EnvironmentalControl.FluidProperties.Air.MoistAirWithoutDataRecords -> EnvironmentalControl.Utilities.Deprecated.Air.MoistAirWithoutDataRecords
- EnvironmentalControl.FluidProperties.Air.DryAirWithoutDataRecords -> EnvironmentalControl.FluidProperties.Air.DryAir
Obsolete classes are placed in the package Utilities.Deprecated and will be removed after a year from the release when they were put in the deprecated package.
Conversion of user libraries
Automatic conversion of user libraries from version 3.3.1 to 3.4 is supported using the included conversion script Convert_ECL_3.3.1_to_ECL_3.4 located under EnvironmentalControl 3.4\Scripts.
Environmental Control Library is based on Modelon Base Library 3.1 and Modelica Standard Library 3.2.2.