Heat Exchanger Library v2.4 is part of Modelon’s 2019.1 release.
New versions of Modelon libraries are sold and distributed directly from Modelon, as well as approved resellers.
- New Multi display sensors are now available in the Sensors package. It facilitates the visualization of values of enthalpy, mass flow rate, temperature and pressure of the media.
- TwoPhaseFinLiquidFinPlainCounterEvaporator and TwoPhaseFinLiquidFinPlainCounterCondenser are new two-phase-liquid counter-flow heat exchangers with a plain plate surface and internal and external finned channels. This will support only the offset fin strips on two-phase side.
- Prandtl number in fin heat exchanger heat transfer correlations is no longer hard coded. It can either be computed with the function PrandtlNumber, or set as a constant value with the options useConstantPr and Pr_const. In order to retain consistency between versions the default is constant for air (Pr = 0.72).
- Sensor output values are now displayed in the sensor icons.
- Improved Modelica compliance.
- Fixed an issue where primary side fin pitch was not correctly calculated for fin-fin flat tube heat exchangers.
- Fixed a related error in the Modelon Base Library on two-phase fraction calculation. Previously this resulted in incorrect heat transfer coefficient prediction in scenarios where either liquid was entering a volume with pure gas, or gas entering a volume with pure liquid.
- Heat Exchanger Library 2.4 is based on Modelon Base Library 3.4 and Modelica Standard Library 3.2.3.