Modelon offers systems modeling and simulation software that accelerates product innovation, development, and operations in a range of industries. Modelon’s flagship product, Modelon Impact, is a cloud-native system simulation software platform featuring a collaborative browser-based interface and thousands of proven models and components spanning a broad range of applications. Headquartered in Lund, Sweden, and with a global reach, Modelon is an expert industry leader in model-based systems engineering with a focus on leveraging open standard technologies.
In our journey towards system simulation for everyone, a great user experience is a pillar. As User Experience Manager, you are ultimately responsible for the users’ experience of working with Modelon products including the look and feel.
This position will be responsible for the user experience of Modelon products, reporting to the Chief Product Officer (CPO). This position is part of the Product Management Team and thereby jointly responsible for the entire Modelon Product Portfolio. As User Experience Manager, you are expected to work closely together with various people in the organization, including but not limited to product development, application engineering, and subject matter experts.
It is important that you deliver clear guidance to the product development on how to layout user interfaces, including the graphical UI design. In addition, you will work together with the Product Development teams to ensure that the implementation meets the needs of a great user experience with the right look and feel.
Together with the Product Managers, you ensure that new and existing functionality provides a great user experience. You work actively with customers to understand and capture their needs and in the exploration and evaluation of UX designs.
Together with the Help and Learning Manager, you will ensure that the complete offering including help and learning center provides a consistent and great experience.
Well-documented workflows that colleagues and users can react to are key to building a common understanding of what the product is being designed for, and wireframes and mockups are key to the guidance on how the product should appear to the user. It is important that you are proficient to produce this content efficiently and to guide others as they engage in the work.
You are expected to engage in understanding the product from a user perspective and being able to break down complex concepts into easy-to-understand content. You will have to prioritize your efforts according to what produces the most value for our users and seek collaboration to reach your targets.
Responsibilities and Measurables
As User Experience Manager, you are accountable for:
- Users’ perception of the experience in working with Modelon products (whole journey)
- User experience exploration and testing internally and with customers
- The user experience design of the products including timely user interface wireframes and mock-ups in sync with the product roadmap
- A consistent look and feel of Modelon products
Skills and Experience
To be able to effectively deliver in your role, we think you need to have:
- Strong skill in capturing and documenting workflows
- Experience from defining user experience of complex products or platforms
- Strong skill in synthesizing UI wireframes and producing pixel-perfect mock-up in Figma, Sketch, or similar. Skills in UI programming are strong merit.
- Strong organizational skills (including the ability to keep several activities going in parallel)
- Ability to understand the user’s needs and reasons to use our products
- Strong interpersonal skills (experience working with product managers, commercial team, developers, and customers)
- Strong communication skills in English are a must, and the ability to communicate in Swedish is a strong merit.
As a person, you are:
- You are curious – with a genuine interest in understanding people’s challenges related to the product.
- You are a good collaborator and communicator – with the ability to inspire and guide people to contribute to your objectives.
- You are able to work under pressure – see the big picture, set priorities, and stay focused.
- You have grit – in a growing company, rolling up the sleeves and get things done is part of our everyday work. You are not shy to code yourself.
As User Experience Manager, you have the opportunity to make a real difference for our products and their users. Being part of a growing and dynamic company provides opportunities to both evolve the role and grow in it. If you like what you read and are eager to shape our future, you should apply!
Application & Contact Details
This position will be located in one of our offices either in Stockholm or Lund.
We evaluate applications continuously so please apply as soon as possible. For more information or questions about the job, contact Johan Andreasson, recruiting manager, email firstname.lastname@example.org