Modelon offers systems modeling and simulation software that accelerates product innovation, development, and operations in a range of industries. Modelon’s flagship product, Modelon Impact, is a cloud-native system simulation software platform featuring a collaborative browser-based interface and thousands of proven models and components spanning a broad range of applications. Headquartered in Lund, Sweden, and with global reach, Modelon is an expert industry leader in model-based systems engineering with a focus on leveraging open standard technologies.
This position delivers systems modeling and simulation solutions to Modelon software customers. In this role you will work with Modelon’s technical staff to provide consulting services to our clients. You will be based at our office in a prime location in Tokyo, Japan.
The Simulation Engineer works with Modelon’s services team to provide high quality model-based systems engineering solutions focusing on energy and power topics. This role includes the application of all Modelon software products to deliver value-added solutions in paid customer projects. At Modelon we act as a global team so you may have the opportunity to work with customers from around the world. The Simulation Engineer reports to the General Manager who is based locally in Tokyo.
Modeling – you will work with the services team to deliver lumped parameter multi-domain CAE models to Modelon customers leveraging Modelon’s portfolio of Modelica libraries and the Modelon Impact simulation platform. Physical modeling across different domains including thermodynamics, thermo-fluid, mechanical and electrical is expected with support from Modelon subject matter experts. Using commercial libraries in conjunction with custom modeling work, you will have an opportunity to model complex physical systems focusing on energy applications but possibly also including topics such as automotive or aerospace. Where applicable, you will work with the Product Development team to integrate custom modeling solutions into Modelon’s commercial product portfolio. You will work together with appropriate Modelon resources, working to deliver timely and high-quality results that positively influence customer engagements.
Simulation and Analysis – You will perform model-based systems engineering in a variety of application tools. Simulation and analysis work includes correlating and verifying models with test data, performing design studies, connecting physical models with controls, optimizing systems, and documenting results.
Customer Engagement – You will work together with the Services team to deliver high-value modeling solutions. You will gain knowledge of Modelon’s complete product portfolio and apply relevant technology to solve complex customer problems. In this role you will have an opportunity to engage directly with customers as part of the services team to ensure successful delivery of services engagements.
Responsibilities and Measurables:
- Having a correct understanding of the engineering target and requirement of the customers.
- Having a strong understanding of Modelon products and related technology
- Delivering model-based systems engineering solutions in customer services engagements
- Working as part of an integrated Modelon global team to provide customer-focused modeling solutions
Success in this role will primarily be measured by project delivery metrics. Project execution and customer satisfaction metrics will be important performance metrics that indicate successful services engagements.
Key skills should include:
- MSc degree or equivalent in engineering, physics or mathematics
- Object-oriented modelling and simulation (e.g. Modelica, Dymola, Matlab/Simulink)
- Scripting (Python, Jupyter etc.)
- Background in thermo-fluid and energy, preferably some experience with electrical and/or chemical engineering applications
- Japanese native speaker level, fluent in English, written and spoken
- Customer focused – you want to wow our customers; you understand that customer satisfaction is critically important to a company’s success
- Disciplined – you set and communicate clear priorities and objectives; you rely on your expertise and Modelon’s global team of experts to tackle difficult problems
- Respectful –you approach issues with an open mind and a desire for both parties to succeed
- Trusted – you deliver on commitments or renegotiate early as a member of a services team
- An innovative and international working environment
- Open minded culture
- Fair salary and other benefits
- Flexible working time model
- Top-class office locations
- Career opportunities of a growing company
Application and contact details
We are handling applications as they come in, so apply as soon as possible. For more information or questions about this position, please contact general manager Rui Gao: email@example.com.
Submit Your Application: