Modelon is building a system modelling and simulation platform of the future, with the goal of creating a robust commercial platform available in the cloud. The solution calls for highly interactive user interface for system modelling, massively parallelized simulations, fast querying and post processing of large data sets, and visualization in 2D and 3D. Collaborative workflows preferred by modern engineers is a key capability of the platform. The platform also needs to adhere to high standards for IT security to keep sensitive customer product data safe and for scalability to support a large user base. In addition, flexible deployment to work with different cloud architectures as well as a robust and performant solution are important characteristics.
As a full-stack developer, you will develop, maintain, and operate software products and toolchains to support the organization and enabling fast development and integration of software products that are deployed both on-prem and in cloud environments.
This position is based in Lund or Gothenburg, Sweden. It is announced within the Application, Integration and Deployment (AID) team at Modelon. This team has a wide range of responsibilities. You will contribute both to module development primarily in C/C++ and Python; integration builds using Docker; deployment to Kubernetes clusters on-cloud and on-prem and necessary CI/CD pipelines currently driven by Jenkins. We are transitioning to SaaS architecture; therefore, new technologies will need to be introduced and learned on the way and so the toolset will likely change over the years. You will normally have one focused tool development activity alongside operational and support responsibility for a part of the deployed toolchain.
Responsibilities and Measurables
- Software modules development primarily in Python and C/C++ but other languages, such as Java or TypeScript may also be used at times.
- Packaging and cloud deployment using Docker, Helm and Jenkins pipelines
- System administration of the servers running on-prem and on– cloud. We utilize VMW, Office 365, Kubernetes and are hosting and operating several systems, including Jenkins, Artifactory, JupyterHub and our own software.
- Perform troubleshooting and support both Modelon engineers customers.
- Drive continuous improvement of tools, infrastructure, and methodologies.
Required skills and experiences
- 3+ years of experience of developing, maintaining and operating software.
- Experience from development modules in Python and C/C++
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and deployment to AWS and/or Azure.
- Software development in Linux and Windows.
- Experience in version control systems such as Subversion and Git and corresponding workflows.
- Strong communication skills in both Swedish and English.
Desired skills and experiences
- Some experience from development in other languages, e.g., Java, TypeScript, HTML.
- Familiarity with Linux command line utilities and bash, database technologies and Jupyter notebooks or similar technologies.
- Experience of Agile development in a team (Scrum and/or Kanban).
- Comfortable with agile practices like pair programming and code reviews.
- Some experience from DevOps infrastructure.
- Experience from software quality improvement methodologies such as test-driven development, code review, system/integration testing.
- Contributions to open source communities.
- Experience with HPC, computer simulations and writing automated tests.
- IT infrastructure (network, storage, configuration, deployment, virtualization).
As a person, you:
- Are an experienced programmer who has high ambitions to produce high-value products and services to customers and internal users.
- Are able to communicate clearly and contribute to the open and collaborative environment at Modelon.
- Enjoy working in a team but can drive development of a feature or module end to end yourself if needed.
Application and contact details
We are handling applications as they come in, so apply as soon as possible. For more information or questions about this position, please contact team leader Iakov Nakhimovski: email@example.com.
Submit Your Application: