As a DevOps engineer, you will contribute to the efficiency and success of the product development teams through the development, maintenance, and operation of the Continuous Integration & Delivery pipelines including the supporting infrastructure and tools. You will be part of the DevOps team and be in contact with the users of the infrastructure to support and explore opportunities for further improvements. This position administratively reports to the manager/leader in the Trichy office and, functionally, to the Team Leader in the AID team.
You will develop, maintain and operate infrastructure and tools that support the organization and enable agile development and integration of software. That includes:
- Practical operation and development of the CI/CD pipelines and infrastructure based on Jenkins. Evaluation and transition to other tools, such as Github Actions or Azure DevOps.
- Software modules maintenance and development primarily in Python and C/C++ but other languages, such as Java or TypeScript may also be used at times.
- Multiplatform automation projects both on Windows and Linux bare-metal servers and cloud services.
- System administration of the servers running on-prem and on-cloud. We utilize VMWare, Office 365, Kubernetes and are hosting and operating several systems, including Jenkins, Artifactory, JupyterHub, and our own software.
- Perform troubleshooting and support our engineers
- Occasionally, support successful customer integration and deployment
Success in this role will depend on your ability to develop and maintain reliable and cost-effective CI/CD services; provide effective support to the development teams and collaborate across the organization.
Modelon is building a system modeling and simulation platform of the future, creating a robust commercial platform available in the cloud. The solution calls for a highly interactive user interface for system modeling, massively parallelized simulations, fast querying and post-processing of large data sets, and visualization in 2D and 3D. Collaborative workflows preferred by modern engineers are a key capability of the platform. The platform also needs to adhere to high standards for IT security to keep sensitive customer product data safe and for scalability to support a large user base. In addition, flexible deployment to work with different cloud architectures as well as a robust and performant solution are important characteristics.
We think you are an experienced programmer who is also interested in System administrator tasks or a System administrator interested in programming. You have high ambitions to produce high-value products and services to internal users and customers. You enjoy working in a team but can drive the development of a feature or module end to end yourself if needed. You are able to communicate clearly contributing to the open and collaborative environment at Modelon.
Required skills and experiences
- 3+ years of experience in developing, maintaining, and operating CI/CD pipelines
- Experience from development in Python
- Ability to deliver efficient and reusable code that can be understood and maintained by others
- Software development in Linux and Windows
- Experience in version control systems such as SVN and Git
- Proficiency in English
Desired skills, experiences, and interests
- Experience from development in Groovy for Jenkins
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and deployment to AWS and/or Azure
- Experience from development in Java, C++, and other programming languages
- Experience from software quality improvement methodologies such as test-driven development, code review, system/integration testing.
- IT infrastructure (network, storage, configuration, deployment, virtualization) both on-prem and in the cloud
Application and Contact Details
This position is based in our office in Trichy, India. We are handling applications as they come in, so apply as soon as possible. For more information or questions about this position, please contact Anand Pitchaikani at firstname.lastname@example.org.