Modelon is building a system modeling and simulation platform of the future, Modelon Impact, with the goal of creating a robust commercial solution available in the cloud. The solution calls for a highly interactive user interface for system modelling, massively parallelized simulations, fast querying and post processing of large data sets, and visualization in 2D and 3D. Collaborative workflows preferred by modern engineers is a key capability of the platform. The platform also needs to adhere to high standards for IT security to keep sensitive customer product data safe and for scalability to support a large user base.
As a Development Team Leader you will be heading up one of the agile development teams within Modelon’s product development organization. You will be overall responsible for building a high-performance development team, maximize team efficiency, competence and well-being, and thereby ensuring delivery of an excellent software product.
As Team Leader you will lead and manage your team on a daily basis, with your team members as your direct reports. The role also includes annual managerial activities like performance reviews, salaries, etc. You will spend much of your time working with your team, maintaining your technical understanding of the product and the code and actively contribute to development. Technical leadership, architecture development, mentoring of junior developers and active participation in development are key elements of the role.
As a Team Leader you will collaborate with other branches of Modelon, including Product management, IT for supporting operations, and Application Engineering to provide customer support. You will also be part of a broader team within Modelon’s product development organization, with a wide range of areas that are required to build a capable modeling and simulation platform.
The Web Application Team develops the Modelon Impact UI, which enables users to compose and simulate system models used in product design. Users are often experts in their domain and the UI offers advanced modeling features to meet their needs.
Required skills and experiences
- Strong technology leadership skills in establishing and communicating architecture and technical designs
- Good people management character and skills
- 7-10 years of experience in development of engineering software with graphical user interfaces
- Expertise and experiences with key model-based design technology areas, including modeling, numerics (simulation and optimization) and visualization
- Experience with developing systems modeling tools for Modelica and FMI
- Expertise with typical user workflows in model-based design
- Experience from leading software development in agile teams
- Excellent communication skills, including English in speech and writing
Meritorious skills, experiences, and interests
- Experience as a staff manager (Swedish: “personalansvar”)
- Expertise and experience in systematic quality methodologies, e.g., ISTQB
- Experience from management of projects
You possess an analytic and curious mindset. You are a driven person that loves to take on challenges. You are open to ideas and frames of references from colleagues and customers to be part of a team crafting a sparkling MBD solution of the future.
The position is stationed in Lund. Other locations where Modelon have offices may be discussed.
Questions are addressed to: Johan Åkesson, CTO or Jessica Johannesson Global HR Director
Submit Your Application: