The Automation, Integration and Deployment team
The team is responsible for central components and tools for production and deployment of Modelon products. This includes responsibility for the toolchain for product licensing and encryption, continuous integration and testing on Jenkins, and providing expert support to fellow product teams. The products are executed on Windows, Linux and on cloud platforms.
As a software developer, you will be part of a scrum team where team member collaborative contributes with their expertise to successful deliveries with good quality. The team is integral to the success of the company since the deliverables are used by both internal and external parties.
What you will do
Modelon is looking for a talented engineer that can take the operation and development of our Continuous Integration and testing toolchain to the next level.
You will develop software to support the organization and enabling fast development and integration of software.
- Develop and extend Continues Integration services (like Jenkins)
- Provide highly available, scalable, automated and supported tools and services using technologies like Docker
- Perform troubleshooting and support our engineers
- Drive continuous improvement of tools, infrastructure and methodologies
- Contribute to successful integration and deployment of the products
- Have the possibility to be an evangelist for your own ideas and changes
We think you are an experienced programmer and high ambitions to produce high-value products and services to customers and internal users.
Required skills and experiences
- 3+ years of experience of developing, maintaining and operating Jenkins Integration toolchains
- Experience from development in Groovy for Jenkins
- Experience from development in Python
- Ability to deliver efficient and reusable code that can be understood and maintained by others
- Software development in Linux and Windows
- Experience in version control systems such as SVN and Git
- Proficiency in English
Desired skills, experiences, and interests
- Some experience from development in Java
- Some experience from DevOps infrastructure
- Experience from software quality improvement methodologies such as test-driven development, code review, system/integration testing.
- Knowledge of and interest in tools and methodologies
- Contribution to open source communities
- IT infrastructure (network, storage, configuration, deployment, virtualization)
- Experience of cloud infrastructure services
- Experience in writing automated tests
- Proficiency Swedish
Applicants must have a valid work permit in Sweden.