Multicore Simulations in a Familiar Spreadsheet Environment!
Combine the visualization and data management capabilities of Microsoft Excel with multicore simulations from Modelon's FMI Add-In!
FMI Add-In, a plugin for Microsoft Excel, is a powerful simulation software tool that enables users to import and simulate Functional Mock-up Units (FMUs) in a spreadsheet environment. Customizable analysis and simulation functionality of model-based workflows is coupled with the data management and visualization capabilities available in Microsoft Excel and Visual Basic.
- Utilize state-of-the-art modeling tools within easy-to-access Excel
- Exchange simulation results with ALL stakeholders through a standard Excel spreadsheet
- Maintain flexibility and consistency through the FMI standard
- Import and simulate FMUs in Excel
- Perform post processing of simulation results
- Complete parameter sweeps and sensitivity analysis - providing insights into the impact of component variation on system behavior early in the design cycle
- Start multi-core batch simulations with just one click
- Automate and customize using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) scripting interface
Deployment of Vehicle Thermal Management analysis tools
Read this blog to see how FMI Add-in for Excel helps to deploy simulation models to the masses.
FMI Add-In enables steady-state and dynamic simulation of physical models in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet environment. This powerful plug-in enables the user to quickly perform sophisticated model analyses with batch simulations and parameter sweeps.
FMI Add-In - Overview
Automated Deployment of Modelica Models in Excel via Functional Mockup Interface and Integration with modeFRONTIER
(Presentation from Modelica Conference 201)
- Chandrasekar, S., Gohl, J., Development of Custom Workflows for Simulation and Analysis of Functional Mock-up Units, Proceedings of the 10th International Modelica Conference, March 10-12, 2014, Lund, Sweden, pp. 1265-1270
- Batteh, J., Gohl, J. et al., Automated Deployment of Modelica Models in Excel via Functional Mockup Interface and Integration with modeFRONTIER , Proceedings of the 10th International Modelica Conference, September 21-23, 2015, Paris, France, pp. 171-180.
- Pannu, P., Andersson, C. et al., Coupling Model Exchange FMUs for Aggregated Simulation by Open Source Tools, Proceedings Modelica Conference 2015, September 21-23, 2015, Paris, France, pp.903-909.