High-fidelity physical models are valuable tools for assessing system-level performance and robustness early in the product development process.
The FMI Add-in for Excel® links state-of-the-art Modelica-compliant tools, including Dymola, to Microsoft Excel® through the FMI standard. Inputs and parameters of models imported into Excel® are conveniently configured by standard spreadsheet operations.
- Allows users to exploit state-of-the-art physical modeling tools within an easy-to-access Microsoft Excel® environment
- Enables parameter sweeps and sensitivity analysis that can provide insights into the impact of component variation on system behavior early in the design cycle
- Provides simulation results within standard Excel spreadsheets, enabling organizations to quickly and easily exchange information among all shareholders in the enterprise
- Maintains flexibility and consistency through the FMI standard.
- Import and simulation of Functional Mock-up Units (FMUs) in Microsoft Excel®
- Parameter sweeps and sensitivity analysis
- Parallel computations on multi-core platforms
- Batch simulation and design space exploration
- Supports FMI for Model Exchange 1.0 (initialization of models)
- Supports FMI for Co-Simulation 1.0 (initialization and dynamic simulation)
The FMI Add-in for Excel enables steady-state and dynamic simulation of physical models integrated in a spreadsheet environment. Batch simulations and parameter sweeps are accessible through easy-to-use functions that enable users to quickly get up to speed with sophisticated model analyses.
- Chandrasekar, S., Gohl, J., Development of Custom Workflows for Simulation and Analysis of Functional Mock-up Units, Proceedings of the 10th International Modelica Conference, March 10-12, 2014, Lund, Sweden, pp. 1265-1270