Published: 2013-05-17 12:05
Updated: 2014-08-19 05:08
Dymola 2014 now available
We are happy to announce the Dymola 2014 release with many improvements and new features
We are happy to announce that Dymola 2014 is available.
The main highlights in Dymola 2014 include:
- Smart connect – drag a new component into the diagram, hover over an existing connector, and a new connection is created when you get the highlight.
- Drop a component on a connection to insert it and connect in one step.
- You can search for components by name and highlight in the graphical editor. This is a benefit in particular for very large diagrams.
Simulation, plotting and post-processing
- Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) is now available as a signal operator in plots, complementing previous operators such as min, max, mean and THD.
- It is possible to create a table of simulation data from an existing plot in one operation. This table can also be easily copied to other tools.
- New numerical integration method in Dymola: CVODE from SUNDIALS.
Enhanced Modelica support
- Support for synchronous features and state machines according to the Modelica 3.3 specification are now available.
Extended FMI support
- Support for FMI 2.0 beta 4
- Improve export of source code FMUs
- Improved GUI for FMI setting
- Modelica_Synchronous (previously Limited Availability), version 0.91
- AirConditioning Library, version 1.8.4
- Engine Dynamics Library, version 1.1
- Hydraulics Library, version 3.3.1
- Hydro Power Library, version 2.2
- Liquid Cooling Library, version 1.1
- Optimization Library, version 2.2
- Pneumatics Library, version 1.6
- Thermal Power Library, version 1.6
- Vehicle Dynamics Library, version 1.7.1
For more details, see the attached:
- <media 678 - download "APPLICATION, Dymola 2014, Dymola_2014.pdf, 518 KB">Release Presentation</media>
- <media 677 - download "APPLICATION, Dymola 2014 Release Notes, Dymola_2014_Release_Notes.pdf, 0.9 MB">Release Notes</media>
Visit the Dymola product page for more information.
How to upgrade
Modelon customers with active mainentance subscriptions can receive a download URL for latest release Dymola 2014. Contact our customer relations team and state your name, organization, country, and Dymola license number (in Dymola: Help > License).
Information about product releases
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive future information about product releases in your inbox.